Random Acts of Kindness Week is here and it’s one of my favorite weeks every year. It’s a good reminder to be kind to each other, but it’s also because it’s a week where we get to recognize each other for doing something amazing. Being kind IS amazing!
The official celebration starts February 18th, but I’m challenging you to start today! The goal is to do something for someone unexpectedly each day that shows kindness. It could be anything, big or small.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Holding a door for someone
- Paying for the coffee order of the person behind you in the drive-thru
- Donate gently used clothing to the local shelter
- Run a 5K for charity
- Send someone a Thinking of You card
- Give up your seat on the train or bus on your commute to work
- Walk your neighbor’s dog
- Send coloring books to the children’s ward at your local hospital
- Give your umbrella to a stranger
- Say hello to the people you encounter while you’re out and about
- Leave your waiter/waitress a note saying how great their service was
Have I helped create the spark? If these ideas don’t peak your interest, come up with something on your own. Any act of kindness can be random. You just have to decide to perform the act, the timing is up to you. Make it happen!