Guess what? Desserts do not have to derail you completely from your health journey! There are alternatives.
To avoid the sudden onset of the dessert impact, I find a healthy recipe and make it seem like it’s a sweet treat. I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Blondies and I thought there was no way that these could be healthy. Well, surprise! They are…and they’re delicious too!
I brought them to a party and didn’t say anything at first. People tried them and thought they were good. Then I started to share how they were made. People were shocked!
I found this recipe on Hungry Girl and I’d highly recommend it. I bet they’ll love them!
- One 15oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 large eggs)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons Truvia
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons mini or chopped chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350*. Spray an 8″x8″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth and uniform.
Gently fold in 1/2 tbsp. chocolate chips.
Spread mixture into the baking pan and smooth out the top. Evenly top with remaining 1.5 tbsp. chocolate chips and lightly press into the batter.
Bake until a toothpick (or knife) inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, roughly 25-30 minutes.
Let cool. complete, about one hour. Refrigerate leftovers.